Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu February 7, 2013
IL Officials Warn of Home Warranty Scam
The Illinois Department of Insurance is warning consumers that a Florida-based company is illegally marketing home warranty services to residents in the state. The agency says Arkidus Home Protection continues to market the warranties despite a previous cease and desist order from the Illinois Insurance Department. They say the state of Florida has taken similar action against Arkidus for illegal activity. The company markets warranties for household appliances via the Internet.
Illinois officials say they've received complaints" from consumers who could not get Arkidus to reimburse them for claims. Illinois officials investigated and determined the company and Reinaldo "Ray" Berges did not have a certificate of authority to sell insurance or a license to sell home warranties in Illinois.