Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu February 7, 2013
IL Officials Warn of Home Warranty Scam
The Illinois Department of Insurance is warning consumers that a Florida-based company is illegally marketing home warranty services to residents in the state. The agency says Arkidus Home Protection continues to market the warranties despite a previous cease and desist order from the Illinois Insurance Department. They say the state of Florida has taken similar action against Arkidus for illegal activity. The company markets warranties for household appliances via the Internet.
Illinois officials say they've received complaints" from consumers who could not get Arkidus to reimburse them for claims. Illinois officials investigated and determined the company and Reinaldo "Ray" Berges did not have a certificate of authority to sell insurance or a license to sell home warranties in Illinois.