Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu November 7, 2013
IL Legislature Set To Fix Pension
Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan says he's prepared to pass a "meaningful" pension reform bill, and he hopes it will happen before the end of the year.
The Democrat says legislative leaders are waiting for actuaries to crunch numbers on some proposals they're considering.
The House Personnel and Pensions Committee yesterday approved a measure that lawmakers could amend with a pension deal.
The procedural move sets the General Assembly up to more quickly approve any pension legislation.
Currently Illinois has $100 billion in unfunded pension liability.