Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu November 7, 2013
IL Legislature Set To Fix Pension
Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan says he's prepared to pass a "meaningful" pension reform bill, and he hopes it will happen before the end of the year.
The Democrat says legislative leaders are waiting for actuaries to crunch numbers on some proposals they're considering.
The House Personnel and Pensions Committee yesterday approved a measure that lawmakers could amend with a pension deal.
The procedural move sets the General Assembly up to more quickly approve any pension legislation.
Currently Illinois has $100 billion in unfunded pension liability.