Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri November 30, 2012
IL Lawmakers Still Have Hope for Gambling Expansion
The sponsor of legislation to add five new casinos in Illinois says Gov. Pat Quinn has been unwilling to negotiate a compromise. But he remains hopeful one can be reached. Democrat Rep. Lou Lang says he questions whether Quinn wants a deal before the end of the legislative session. Quinn has not met with either of the bill’s sponsors.
A spokesperson for the governor says his priority is pension reform. Quinn vetoed the bill that would have added slot machines at horse racing tracks in addition to casinos because it lacked ethical protections. Lang says legislators will try again next session if there isn’t a deal before Jan. 9.