Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Tue October 29, 2013
IL Lawmakers Promote Survey And Budgeting Model
Two Illinois state senators say they want "partisan bickering" over the state's budget to be put aside.
Democrat Dan Kotowski and Republican Pam Althoff are holding a news conference today in Chicago to announce the findings of a study on what Illinois taxpayers' want.
The Center for Innovation and Public Value's survey of 1,000 Illinois residents says both citizens largely want lawmakers to spend less on education and health care and more towards growing businesses, ensuring public safety and improving infrastructure.
Both lawmakers say the study supports a budgeting process that requires more public engagement on state spending.