Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed July 31, 2013
IL Gov. Quinn Signs 2 Laws Involving Hunters
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn has signed two pieces of legislation that affect hunters in Illinois. Quinn's office announced yesterday that the governor signed a bill that lets veterans get their hunter education cards when they complete the online portion of the Hunter Education Program.
The new law goes into effect immediately. And the governor signed a bill that makes it illegal in Illinois to possess wildlife that was illegally harvest outside of the state or country. That new law takes effect Jan. 1.