Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Murray State’s Next President Says University Discussing Short, Long Term Roles with Mid-Continent
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri November 8, 2013
IL GOP Hires New State Director To Boost Party Prospects In 2016
The Illinois Republican Party and the Republican National Committee have announced a new state director whose job is to boost the party's election prospects.
Anthony Esposito worked for Republican Congressman John Shimkus and was the political director for the Illinois GOP. Esposito was also on the staff of U.S. Senator Mark Kirk.
RNC chairman Reince Priebus says the national committee is working with state parties and campaigns to build an infrastructure that will help win key congressional and governor's races in 2014.
Priebus says the work will also help in "laying the foundation for success" in the 2016 presidential race.