Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri November 8, 2013
IL GOP Hires New State Director To Boost Party Prospects In 2016
The Illinois Republican Party and the Republican National Committee have announced a new state director whose job is to boost the party's election prospects.
Anthony Esposito worked for Republican Congressman John Shimkus and was the political director for the Illinois GOP. Esposito was also on the staff of U.S. Senator Mark Kirk.
RNC chairman Reince Priebus says the national committee is working with state parties and campaigns to build an infrastructure that will help win key congressional and governor's races in 2014.
Priebus says the work will also help in "laying the foundation for success" in the 2016 presidential race.