Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri November 8, 2013
IL GOP Hires New State Director To Boost Party Prospects In 2016
The Illinois Republican Party and the Republican National Committee have announced a new state director whose job is to boost the party's election prospects.
Anthony Esposito worked for Republican Congressman John Shimkus and was the political director for the Illinois GOP. Esposito was also on the staff of U.S. Senator Mark Kirk.
RNC chairman Reince Priebus says the national committee is working with state parties and campaigns to build an infrastructure that will help win key congressional and governor's races in 2014.
Priebus says the work will also help in "laying the foundation for success" in the 2016 presidential race.