Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri December 7, 2012
IL Gets Grant for Early Childhood Education
Illinois is getting almost $35 million of federal aid for early childhood education. The Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge grant is funding a website informing parents of the quality of school programs in an effort to help them find the best place that matches their children’s needs. The money is also going toward professional development for early-childhood teachers, investments in efficiency, streamlining program administration and data systems and program evaluations.
The U.S. Departments of Education and Health and Human Services grant is one of 14 given to states to help children who are at risk for academic failure.