Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Fri December 7, 2012
IL Gets Grant for Early Childhood Education
Illinois is getting almost $35 million of federal aid for early childhood education. The Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge grant is funding a website informing parents of the quality of school programs in an effort to help them find the best place that matches their children’s needs. The money is also going toward professional development for early-childhood teachers, investments in efficiency, streamlining program administration and data systems and program evaluations.
The U.S. Departments of Education and Health and Human Services grant is one of 14 given to states to help children who are at risk for academic failure.