Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue May 28, 2013
IL Gambling Expansion Bill Being Tweaked
The sponsor of a proposal authorizing new casinos across Illinois says the bill is undergoing various tweaks before fellow lawmakers can vote on it. The plan is expected to come in committee today. Democratic Rep. Robert Rita says the tax rates for new and existing facilities are still being worked out.
He says he’s also working with Governor Pat Quinn's office and stakeholders on the bill's provision banning campaign contributions from the industry. He says he plans to call the bill for a vote before Friday, when legislators adjourn for the summer. Governor Quinn has rejected two previous plans.