Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue May 28, 2013
IL Gambling Expansion Bill Being Tweaked
The sponsor of a proposal authorizing new casinos across Illinois says the bill is undergoing various tweaks before fellow lawmakers can vote on it. The plan is expected to come in committee today. Democratic Rep. Robert Rita says the tax rates for new and existing facilities are still being worked out.
He says he’s also working with Governor Pat Quinn's office and stakeholders on the bill's provision banning campaign contributions from the industry. He says he plans to call the bill for a vote before Friday, when legislators adjourn for the summer. Governor Quinn has rejected two previous plans.