Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Tue May 28, 2013
IL Gambling Expansion Bill Being Tweaked
The sponsor of a proposal authorizing new casinos across Illinois says the bill is undergoing various tweaks before fellow lawmakers can vote on it. The plan is expected to come in committee today. Democratic Rep. Robert Rita says the tax rates for new and existing facilities are still being worked out.
He says he’s also working with Governor Pat Quinn's office and stakeholders on the bill's provision banning campaign contributions from the industry. He says he plans to call the bill for a vote before Friday, when legislators adjourn for the summer. Governor Quinn has rejected two previous plans.