Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Tue May 28, 2013
IL Gambling Expansion Bill Being Tweaked
The sponsor of a proposal authorizing new casinos across Illinois says the bill is undergoing various tweaks before fellow lawmakers can vote on it. The plan is expected to come in committee today. Democratic Rep. Robert Rita says the tax rates for new and existing facilities are still being worked out.
He says he’s also working with Governor Pat Quinn's office and stakeholders on the bill's provision banning campaign contributions from the industry. He says he plans to call the bill for a vote before Friday, when legislators adjourn for the summer. Governor Quinn has rejected two previous plans.