Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue May 28, 2013
IL Gambling Expansion Bill Being Tweaked
The sponsor of a proposal authorizing new casinos across Illinois says the bill is undergoing various tweaks before fellow lawmakers can vote on it. The plan is expected to come in committee today. Democratic Rep. Robert Rita says the tax rates for new and existing facilities are still being worked out.
He says he’s also working with Governor Pat Quinn's office and stakeholders on the bill's provision banning campaign contributions from the industry. He says he plans to call the bill for a vote before Friday, when legislators adjourn for the summer. Governor Quinn has rejected two previous plans.