Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Former HCC President Resigns from KCTCS Amid Allegations of Harassment
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
- Beshear Reacts to Kentucky Legislative Research Commission Audit
- Transgender Hopkins County High School Student Working on Petition to Use Bathroon of Choice
Wed December 18, 2013
IL Firearms Instructors Can Now Apply Online
Certified firearms instructors in Illinois can now apply for concealed carry licenses.
The Illinois State Police say they opened to application process today so instructors can apply in advance of the January 5 deadline.
Illinois law says that certified instructors must be eligible for a concealed carry license. State police say giving them early access to the application process will also help test the application system.
There are almost 2,000 certified instructors listed on the agency's concealed carry website.
Authorities say they expect the website will be used to process more than 400,000 applications next year.