Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Fri November 22, 2013
IL Firearm Deer Hunting About To Begin
It is firearm deer hunting season in Illinois. The annual firearm deer hunting season starts Friday and runs through Sunday. Then it picks up again for another four days between Dec. 5-8.
The total number of deer taken last year in both firearm hunting season and the much longer bow hunting season was about 180,000.
Paul Shelton of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources says he expects hunters to take about the same number this season. He says hunters can give their deer to the IDNR for donation to food pantries around the state.