Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri November 22, 2013
IL Firearm Deer Hunting About To Begin
It is firearm deer hunting season in Illinois. The annual firearm deer hunting season starts Friday and runs through Sunday. Then it picks up again for another four days between Dec. 5-8.
The total number of deer taken last year in both firearm hunting season and the much longer bow hunting season was about 180,000.
Paul Shelton of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources says he expects hunters to take about the same number this season. He says hunters can give their deer to the IDNR for donation to food pantries around the state.