Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri November 22, 2013
IL Firearm Deer Hunting About To Begin
It is firearm deer hunting season in Illinois. The annual firearm deer hunting season starts Friday and runs through Sunday. Then it picks up again for another four days between Dec. 5-8.
The total number of deer taken last year in both firearm hunting season and the much longer bow hunting season was about 180,000.
Paul Shelton of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources says he expects hunters to take about the same number this season. He says hunters can give their deer to the IDNR for donation to food pantries around the state.