Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri November 22, 2013
IL Firearm Deer Hunting About To Begin
It is firearm deer hunting season in Illinois. The annual firearm deer hunting season starts Friday and runs through Sunday. Then it picks up again for another four days between Dec. 5-8.
The total number of deer taken last year in both firearm hunting season and the much longer bow hunting season was about 180,000.
Paul Shelton of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources says he expects hunters to take about the same number this season. He says hunters can give their deer to the IDNR for donation to food pantries around the state.