Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri July 10, 2009
IL Financial Aid Agency Wonders if There's Enough Money
Champaigne, IL – An Illinois agency that provides more than $400 million a year in grants and scholarships for college students is anxiously waiting for the end of budget negotiations to find out how much money it will have for the coming school year. The Illinois Student Assistance Commission last year provided funding for more than 200,000 students through 20 scholarship and grant programs. Commission Director Andrew Davis says lawmakers and Governor Quinn seem to want to find the money for those programs, but Davis knows the state is in a financial bind.