Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu August 22, 2013
IL Emergency Management Agencies Receive $4 Million Grants
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn announced $4 million in grants yesterday for 121 city and county emergency agencies. The Emergency Management Performance Grants are funded through a grant Illinois receives from the Federal Emergency Management Agency. The grants are awarded annually and can be used for day-to-day operations.
Illinois Emergency Management Agency Director Jonathon Monken says the grants help local agencies respond to disasters and are important "particularly in difficult fiscal times." A list of the grantees is available at the state agency's website.