Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu August 22, 2013
IL Emergency Management Agencies Receive $4 Million Grants
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn announced $4 million in grants yesterday for 121 city and county emergency agencies. The Emergency Management Performance Grants are funded through a grant Illinois receives from the Federal Emergency Management Agency. The grants are awarded annually and can be used for day-to-day operations.
Illinois Emergency Management Agency Director Jonathon Monken says the grants help local agencies respond to disasters and are important "particularly in difficult fiscal times." A list of the grantees is available at the state agency's website.