Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu August 22, 2013
IL Emergency Management Agencies Receive $4 Million Grants
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn announced $4 million in grants yesterday for 121 city and county emergency agencies. The Emergency Management Performance Grants are funded through a grant Illinois receives from the Federal Emergency Management Agency. The grants are awarded annually and can be used for day-to-day operations.
Illinois Emergency Management Agency Director Jonathon Monken says the grants help local agencies respond to disasters and are important "particularly in difficult fiscal times." A list of the grantees is available at the state agency's website.