Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed November 13, 2013
IL DOT Pepares For Winter Roads
Illinois transportation and law enforcement officials are launching a winter safety campaign.
"Ice and Snow - Take it Slow" is being promoted by the Illinois Department of Transportation, the Illinois Tollway and the Illinois State Police.
The agencies say they want to make sure that snow plows and other emergency equipment are ready for the winter season ahead.
Last year, the department spent nearly $65 million dollars on snow removal and spread 460,000 tons of salt on roads around the state.