Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed November 13, 2013
IL DOT Pepares For Winter Roads
Illinois transportation and law enforcement officials are launching a winter safety campaign.
"Ice and Snow - Take it Slow" is being promoted by the Illinois Department of Transportation, the Illinois Tollway and the Illinois State Police.
The agencies say they want to make sure that snow plows and other emergency equipment are ready for the winter season ahead.
Last year, the department spent nearly $65 million dollars on snow removal and spread 460,000 tons of salt on roads around the state.