Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed November 13, 2013
IL DOT Pepares For Winter Roads
Illinois transportation and law enforcement officials are launching a winter safety campaign.
"Ice and Snow - Take it Slow" is being promoted by the Illinois Department of Transportation, the Illinois Tollway and the Illinois State Police.
The agencies say they want to make sure that snow plows and other emergency equipment are ready for the winter season ahead.
Last year, the department spent nearly $65 million dollars on snow removal and spread 460,000 tons of salt on roads around the state.