Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed November 13, 2013
IL DOT Pepares For Winter Roads
Illinois transportation and law enforcement officials are launching a winter safety campaign.
"Ice and Snow - Take it Slow" is being promoted by the Illinois Department of Transportation, the Illinois Tollway and the Illinois State Police.
The agencies say they want to make sure that snow plows and other emergency equipment are ready for the winter season ahead.
Last year, the department spent nearly $65 million dollars on snow removal and spread 460,000 tons of salt on roads around the state.