Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Wed November 13, 2013
IL DOT Pepares For Winter Roads
Illinois transportation and law enforcement officials are launching a winter safety campaign.
"Ice and Snow - Take it Slow" is being promoted by the Illinois Department of Transportation, the Illinois Tollway and the Illinois State Police.
The agencies say they want to make sure that snow plows and other emergency equipment are ready for the winter season ahead.
Last year, the department spent nearly $65 million dollars on snow removal and spread 460,000 tons of salt on roads around the state.