Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Thu August 15, 2013
IL DNR Announces Dates For Waterfowl Hunting
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources is proposing 60-day duck-hunting seasons for 2013 and 2014. The recommendations were made Wednesday and are subject to final approval by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service later this summer. The IDNR proposes the 60-day duck hunts in all four waterfowl hunting zones in Illinois.
It's also proposing a 90-day Canada goose season in the north and central zones, an 84-day goose season in the south-central zone and a 65-day season in the south zone. The regular duck and goose seasons would open at various dates in October and November, depending on zone. The proposal is based on a five-year plan developed in 2011.