Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Mon May 20, 2013
IL Democrats Push For High Capacity Ammunition Ban
Top Illinois Democratic leaders, including Gov. Pat Quinn, are urging lawmakers to ban high-capacity ammunition magazines in that state. Quinn, Senate President John Cullerton and state Sen. Dan Kotowski spoke Sunday at a news conference in Chicago with parents of children killed last December in a Connecticut school. Kotowski introduced legislation late last week that would ban the sale, delivery and possession of magazines that accept more than 10 rounds.
He and the others urged lawmakers to take it up before adjourning on May 31. Quinn wants an assault weapons ban and tried unsuccessfully to push for one in the past. The push comes as lawmakers face a June 9 deadline imposed by a federal appeals court to legalize