Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Tue October 8, 2013
IL Board Announces Education Funding Hearings
The Illinois State Board of Education is announcing a series of public hearings as it re-examines school funding. The first hearing will be held in Carbondale on Oct. 23 and is followed by others in Macomb, Champaign, Grayslake and Chicago.
Hearing participants will be asked to detail the value of the programs and services they feel are vital to education in Illinois.
The board will factor participants' feedback into the yearly education budget it submits to Governor Pat Quinn and the Legislature. Testimony is also being shared with the Senate Education Funding Committee. The board generally recommends an education budget in January.