Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Tue October 8, 2013
IL Board Announces Education Funding Hearings
The Illinois State Board of Education is announcing a series of public hearings as it re-examines school funding. The first hearing will be held in Carbondale on Oct. 23 and is followed by others in Macomb, Champaign, Grayslake and Chicago.
Hearing participants will be asked to detail the value of the programs and services they feel are vital to education in Illinois.
The board will factor participants' feedback into the yearly education budget it submits to Governor Pat Quinn and the Legislature. Testimony is also being shared with the Senate Education Funding Committee. The board generally recommends an education budget in January.