Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue October 8, 2013
IL Board Announces Education Funding Hearings
The Illinois State Board of Education is announcing a series of public hearings as it re-examines school funding. The first hearing will be held in Carbondale on Oct. 23 and is followed by others in Macomb, Champaign, Grayslake and Chicago.
Hearing participants will be asked to detail the value of the programs and services they feel are vital to education in Illinois.
The board will factor participants' feedback into the yearly education budget it submits to Governor Pat Quinn and the Legislature. Testimony is also being shared with the Senate Education Funding Committee. The board generally recommends an education budget in January.