Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri September 27, 2013
IL AFL-CIO Votes To Support Gay Marriage
The executive board of the Illinois chapter of the AFL-CIO is supporting gay marriage. The board voted yesterday in Chicago to urge the Illinois House to adopt the "Religious Freedom and Marriage Fairness Act."
The adopted resolution states the AFL-CIO joins faith communities, civil rights organizations, President Barack Obama and its own unions in supporting "marriage equality legislation that effectively protects religious freedom."
The legislation got Senate approval in February but never got called for a vote in the House before the Legislature adjourned in May.