Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Fri September 27, 2013
IL AFL-CIO Votes To Support Gay Marriage
The executive board of the Illinois chapter of the AFL-CIO is supporting gay marriage. The board voted yesterday in Chicago to urge the Illinois House to adopt the "Religious Freedom and Marriage Fairness Act."
The adopted resolution states the AFL-CIO joins faith communities, civil rights organizations, President Barack Obama and its own unions in supporting "marriage equality legislation that effectively protects religious freedom."
The legislation got Senate approval in February but never got called for a vote in the House before the Legislature adjourned in May.