Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri December 12, 2008
Ice Storm Approaching
By Chad Lampe
Paducah, KY – Forecasted rainfall and freezing temperatures for Monday set the stage for a potential ice storm next week. National Weather Service forecasters in Paducah held a conference call this afternoon to warn emergency management officials and first responders of potential hazards. Lead forecaster Dan Spath says the storms freezing line may reach as far south as Fort Campbell.
"There is anywhere between a third and half an inch of rain predicted right above the freezing line. One model that goes through Monday night is spitting out another third to half inch of rain. So there is potential for significant ice accumulation, similar to last February."
Forecasters warn of significant wind gusts in advance of the cold front that my bring significant ice accumulation to the region.