Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon September 9, 2013
I-24 Welcome Center Closing In Christian County
The westbound Interstate 24 welcome center in Christian County is closing for several days starting today. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says the down time is needed to allow a finish layer of asphalt to be placed along westbound lanes as well as the welcome center entry and exit ramps. If weather permits the work to be done as planned, the welcome center should reopen sometime on Friday.
The cabinet also says an extended work zone is still being enforced along Interstate 24 from the Tennessee state line to the exit 86 interchange. The zone includes one-lane traffic and a 55-mph speed limit.