Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Mon September 9, 2013
I-24 Welcome Center Closing In Christian County
The westbound Interstate 24 welcome center in Christian County is closing for several days starting today. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says the down time is needed to allow a finish layer of asphalt to be placed along westbound lanes as well as the welcome center entry and exit ramps. If weather permits the work to be done as planned, the welcome center should reopen sometime on Friday.
The cabinet also says an extended work zone is still being enforced along Interstate 24 from the Tennessee state line to the exit 86 interchange. The zone includes one-lane traffic and a 55-mph speed limit.