Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed January 9, 2013
Hundreds of Ky Teachers Earn Top Certification
More than 260 Kentucky teachers were awarded national certification in 2012, ranking the state seventh for the number of teachers earning the achievement.
National Board Certification is administered by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards and is considered a top achievement in the profession. Overall in Kentucky, more than 2,700 teachers have achieved the certification. The national board's website says the state is ranked 10th nationally in overall number of teachers certified.