Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue October 23, 2012
Humane Society Whistleblower Fired
The McCracken County Humane Society has fired the kennel manager at shelter who recently testified against fellow employees for performing improper euthanasia. The Paducah Sun reports MCHS President James Shumaker fired Jeremiah Robertson because he was insubordinate. Robertson says he thinks his termination was unfair and says he has contacted a lawyer. One of the employees charged with improper euthanasia continues to work at the facility.