Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue October 23, 2012
Humane Society Whistleblower Fired
The McCracken County Humane Society has fired the kennel manager at shelter who recently testified against fellow employees for performing improper euthanasia. The Paducah Sun reports MCHS President James Shumaker fired Jeremiah Robertson because he was insubordinate. Robertson says he thinks his termination was unfair and says he has contacted a lawyer. One of the employees charged with improper euthanasia continues to work at the facility.