Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Mon November 26, 2012
HPD Sergeant Charged with DUI
A Hopkinsville police officer is charged with driving under the influence following an incident over the weekend. Sgt. John Thompson ran into and over parking lot barriers at the Eagles Club Saturday. His blood-alcohol level was .20. Kentucky’s legal limit is point .08.
Thompson was charged with DUI and taken to the Christian County Jail. He was later released but has been suspended with pay from the Hopkinsville Police Department.