Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Mon November 26, 2012
HPD Sergeant Charged with DUI
A Hopkinsville police officer is charged with driving under the influence following an incident over the weekend. Sgt. John Thompson ran into and over parking lot barriers at the Eagles Club Saturday. His blood-alcohol level was .20. Kentucky’s legal limit is point .08.
Thompson was charged with DUI and taken to the Christian County Jail. He was later released but has been suspended with pay from the Hopkinsville Police Department.