Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon November 26, 2012
HPD Sergeant Charged with DUI
A Hopkinsville police officer is charged with driving under the influence following an incident over the weekend. Sgt. John Thompson ran into and over parking lot barriers at the Eagles Club Saturday. His blood-alcohol level was .20. Kentucky’s legal limit is point .08.
Thompson was charged with DUI and taken to the Christian County Jail. He was later released but has been suspended with pay from the Hopkinsville Police Department.