Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu October 30, 2008
HPD Conducts Checks on Sex Offender Registry
By Carrie Pond
Hopkinsville, KY – Hopkinsville officers have been going door-to-door this week in an effort to ensure all registered sex offenders are living at the addresses they've listed on the state's sex offender registry. Police Department Public Information Officer Paul Ray says this is the first time they've done this focused detail, but that officers do frequent smaller checks on a regular basis. Ray says if authorities find someone has moved without following proper notification procedures, a warrant will be taken out for the individual's arrest. The Kentucky State Police and Probation and Parole officers are assisting in the effort.