Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri June 27, 2014
Hozier On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon December 29, 2014 9:34 am
If you've heard the gospel-tinged "Take Me to Church" from Irish singer-songwriter Hozier, it's unlikely that you've forgotten it. The soulful, emotive singing could sustain the song on its own, but when you combine it with a powerful video, it's easy to understand why Hozier's rise to popularity has been so swift. That video alone has more than four million views and climbing.
Hozier was born in County Wicklow near Dublin on St. Patrick's Day. After studying music at Trinity College, he dropped out to pursue a career on his own. He released his second EP, From Eden, this year, with more to come. On this episode of World Cafe, we'll hear a performance on stage at World Cafe Live in Philadelphia and learn more about Hozier's art.
This segment was re-aired on August 25.