Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue March 12, 2013
House Passes Military Voting Bill, With Electronic Return Included
A bill allowing Kentuckians in the military deployed overseas to vote electronically has cleared the House, after amendments were added to allow for the electronic return of a ballot. House Speaker Greg Stumbo told his fellow lawmakers that other states that allow for full electronic voting for military personnel have not had issues with hacking, which was a concern for the Senate.
"But no reported problems from the electronic transmission from those 24 other states that use that," Stumbo said.
But many GOP House lawmakers said such a system would be subject to fraud and abuse. The changed bill now heads back to the Senate to see if they will agree with the amendments.