Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon February 1, 2010
Hospital Comes to Agreement, Won't Drop Patients
By Angela Hatton
Paris, TN – Patients at the Henry County Medical Center won't have to worry about having their service cut, at least for now. The Paris Post Intelligencer reported late last week HCMC learned Blue Cross insurance planned to reduce the TennCare service rate. Hospital board members had agreed to turn down Blue Cross Tenn Care Patients, except in an emergency. Today, Administrator Tom Gee said the board has come to a resolution with Blue Cross. Gee says the agreement is good for this year, and the hospital hopes to renegotiate next year. Officials say some people will likely lose coverage at that time.