Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri July 10, 2009
Hopkinsville Turns Railroad into Park
By Angela Hatton
Hopkinsville, KY – Hopkinsville is one step closer to getting a city-wide park system. Officials are planning to turn a section of an abandoned army railroad into a green way trail. Rail Spur Advisory Committee Chairman Guy Howie says the initial cost of the project would be around 800-thousand dollars, but grants would help ease the city's financial burden. The trail proposal is before the city mayor for consideration.