Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri July 10, 2009
Hopkinsville Turns Railroad into Park
By Angela Hatton
Hopkinsville, KY – Hopkinsville is one step closer to getting a city-wide park system. Officials are planning to turn a section of an abandoned army railroad into a green way trail. Rail Spur Advisory Committee Chairman Guy Howie says the initial cost of the project would be around 800-thousand dollars, but grants would help ease the city's financial burden. The trail proposal is before the city mayor for consideration.