Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Mon October 1, 2012
Hopkinsville Men Found Guilty of Murder
Two men with alleged ties to a Clarksville, Tennessee gang are facing five decades in prison after a Hopkinsville, Kentucky jury found them guilty of the 2008 murder of Shyarra Olavarria. Her remains were found in a remote area of Christian County in May of that year.
The Kentucky New Era reports jurors late last week recommended 50 year sentences for Derrick James and Jordan Young. Christian County Circuit Judge John Atkins scheduled James and Young’s sentencing hearing for January. Commonwealth Attorney Lynn Pryor told jurors the two men are part of a street gang in Clarksville. Another gang member, Kenneth Hudson, pled guilty and led authorities to Olavarria’s remains.