Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30th
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Wed November 6, 2013
Hopkinsville Mayor Declines To Run For Re-Election
Hopkinsville Mayor Dan Kemp won’t seek a third term.
Kemp said he hasn’t kept his intentions a secret from his friends and supporters but he felt this week's city council meeting was a good time to make an official announcement.
Kemp said two terms is an appropriate number for mayor.
"In my case it is," said Kemp. "I just think that this job requires a lot of energy and that it's time for me to step aside and let someone else lead."
Kemp said that even though he won’t be mayor, he intends to continue with public service.
“I’m still going to be active in the community and I want to work as a volunteer and I enjoy community service and I plan to continue doing everything I can to help the community progress and move forward.”
Kemp steps down at the end of 2014.