Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Sat August 2, 2014
Hopkinsville Mayor Dan Kemp is Murray State's Newest Regent
Hopkinsville Mayor Dan Kemp, 68, is the newest member of the Murray State University Board of Regents. Governor Beshear’s office released Kemp’s name on Friday along with many other gubernatorial appointees. Kemp, a Democrat, replaces the term limited Marilyn Buchanon, also a Democrat.
Kemp was born in Murray and is an alumnus of Murray State and the University of Kentucky School of Law. Kemp spent four years in the Army from 1971-1975.
Kemp is not seeking another mayoral term. He is married to his wife Henrietta with whom he has four children, one stepson and six grandchildren.
MSU's board of eleven members consists of eight gubernatorial appointees and three elected positions within the University' s faculty, staff and students.
Kemp's six-year term expires June 30, 2020.