Most Active Stories
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30th
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
Thu August 29, 2013
Hopkinsville Manufacturer to Expand Operations
A company that aims to manufacture steel tubes for the energy industry is expanding its operations and employment in Hopkinsville.
PTC Seamless Tube Corp. announced Thursday that it plans to create nearly 300 jobs and invest over $100 million in a new manufacturing facility.
It's a return to the Hopkinsville area for the company, which previously closed its Christian County facility in order to move closer to its customer base.
PTC Seamless now says it wants to return to the region by retrofitting and expanding its former facility. The new manufacturing operation will involve 256-thousand square feet of building area.
The Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority has given preliminary approval for $12 million in tax incentives for the project.