Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Thu August 29, 2013
Hopkinsville Manufacturer to Expand Operations
A company that aims to manufacture steel tubes for the energy industry is expanding its operations and employment in Hopkinsville.
PTC Seamless Tube Corp. announced Thursday that it plans to create nearly 300 jobs and invest over $100 million in a new manufacturing facility.
It's a return to the Hopkinsville area for the company, which previously closed its Christian County facility in order to move closer to its customer base.
PTC Seamless now says it wants to return to the region by retrofitting and expanding its former facility. The new manufacturing operation will involve 256-thousand square feet of building area.
The Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority has given preliminary approval for $12 million in tax incentives for the project.