Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu January 23, 2014
Hopkinsville iFest Celebrates Global Heritage
Hopkinsville's annual international festival celebrates global heritage with music, performances, food and activities for all ages. Mary Migala of iFest Hopkinsville joins us during Sounds Good to talk about the International Festival March 7 and 8 at the James E. Bruce Convention center.
"We have vendors come together from all over parts of Kentucky and Tennessee, as well as other states, just showcasing their countries; including their foods, their attire, information about their culture, and giving us a glimpse of what their country is like."
Mary Migala speaks over the phone with Kate about Hopkinsville's 5th Annual iFest. This year looks promising as the largest the festival has ever been, representing all cultures in the Hopkinsville area, as well as many more. iFest Hopkinsville is a family event and will be celebrated by people of all ages from Hopkinsville and the surrounding areas.
The festival includes indoor entertainment, children's activities, a kite festival, costume pageant, Global Village with cultural displays, and more. Admission is free, food and merchandise available for purchase.