Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu January 23, 2014
Hopkinsville iFest Celebrates Global Heritage
Hopkinsville's annual international festival celebrates global heritage with music, performances, food and activities for all ages. Mary Migala of iFest Hopkinsville joins us during Sounds Good to talk about the International Festival March 7 and 8 at the James E. Bruce Convention center.
"We have vendors come together from all over parts of Kentucky and Tennessee, as well as other states, just showcasing their countries; including their foods, their attire, information about their culture, and giving us a glimpse of what their country is like."
Mary Migala speaks over the phone with Kate about Hopkinsville's 5th Annual iFest. This year looks promising as the largest the festival has ever been, representing all cultures in the Hopkinsville area, as well as many more. iFest Hopkinsville is a family event and will be celebrated by people of all ages from Hopkinsville and the surrounding areas.
The festival includes indoor entertainment, children's activities, a kite festival, costume pageant, Global Village with cultural displays, and more. Admission is free, food and merchandise available for purchase.