Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
Fri December 14, 2012
Hopkinsville Community College to Ban Smoking
Hopkinsville Community College is going tobacco-free policy starting Jan. 1. Smoking has long been prohibited in HCC buildings, but the college created four designated smoking areas on campus in 2008. The Hopkinsville City council enacted a city-wide smoking ban in October and HCC President Jim Selbe tells The Kentucky New Era their smoking areas would’ve violated the ban.
All tobacco and e-tobacco products will be prohibited on any HCC property, but students will still be able to smoke in their cars.