Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
Fri December 14, 2012
Hopkinsville Community College to Ban Smoking
Hopkinsville Community College is going tobacco-free policy starting Jan. 1. Smoking has long been prohibited in HCC buildings, but the college created four designated smoking areas on campus in 2008. The Hopkinsville City council enacted a city-wide smoking ban in October and HCC President Jim Selbe tells The Kentucky New Era their smoking areas would’ve violated the ban.
All tobacco and e-tobacco products will be prohibited on any HCC property, but students will still be able to smoke in their cars.