Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri December 14, 2012
Hopkinsville Community College to Ban Smoking
Hopkinsville Community College is going tobacco-free policy starting Jan. 1. Smoking has long been prohibited in HCC buildings, but the college created four designated smoking areas on campus in 2008. The Hopkinsville City council enacted a city-wide smoking ban in October and HCC President Jim Selbe tells The Kentucky New Era their smoking areas would’ve violated the ban.
All tobacco and e-tobacco products will be prohibited on any HCC property, but students will still be able to smoke in their cars.