Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Thu May 23, 2013
Hopkinsville Approves Alcohol Sales Amendment
The Hopkinsville City Council has unanimously approved the first reading of an amendment to the city’s alcohol beverage ordinance that will loosen restrictions on alcohol sales.
With the changes, alcohol sales will no longer be confined to the downtown area, and a provision has been reworded to allow bars to stay open until 1:30 a.m.
The amendment will need to be approved after a second reading on June 4 to become law.