Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu May 23, 2013
Hopkinsville Approves Alcohol Sales Amendment
The Hopkinsville City Council has unanimously approved the first reading of an amendment to the city’s alcohol beverage ordinance that will loosen restrictions on alcohol sales.
With the changes, alcohol sales will no longer be confined to the downtown area, and a provision has been reworded to allow bars to stay open until 1:30 a.m.
The amendment will need to be approved after a second reading on June 4 to become law.