Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu May 23, 2013
Hopkinsville Approves Alcohol Sales Amendment
The Hopkinsville City Council has unanimously approved the first reading of an amendment to the city’s alcohol beverage ordinance that will loosen restrictions on alcohol sales.
With the changes, alcohol sales will no longer be confined to the downtown area, and a provision has been reworded to allow bars to stay open until 1:30 a.m.
The amendment will need to be approved after a second reading on June 4 to become law.