Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Tue October 7, 2008
Hopkins County Smoking Ban
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – Hopkins County's smoking ban goes into effect this coming Sunday, but that isn't stopping residents from continuing to speak out against it. Opponents submitted a petition with twenty-two-hundred names to the Hopkins County Fiscal Court last night. Petition supporters say the court should have passed the ban, not the County Health Department. Judge-Executive Donnie Carroll says the petition was meant to bring attention to county opinion, and does not call for legal action. There has been an injunction filed in Hopkins Circuit Court by Richardson Electronics owner Thomas Richardson. Richardson says the ordinance is not clear enough on where smoking can and cannot take place.