Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue October 7, 2008
Hopkins County Smoking Ban
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – Hopkins County's smoking ban goes into effect this coming Sunday, but that isn't stopping residents from continuing to speak out against it. Opponents submitted a petition with twenty-two-hundred names to the Hopkins County Fiscal Court last night. Petition supporters say the court should have passed the ban, not the County Health Department. Judge-Executive Donnie Carroll says the petition was meant to bring attention to county opinion, and does not call for legal action. There has been an injunction filed in Hopkins Circuit Court by Richardson Electronics owner Thomas Richardson. Richardson says the ordinance is not clear enough on where smoking can and cannot take place.