Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu October 11, 2012
Hopkins County - Madisonville Public Library to Get New Building
After three years and several setbacks, the Hopkins County – Madisonville Public Library is getting a new building. Library Vice-President Gary Hunt says board members voted Tuesday to authorize the purchase of a former Save-A-Lot grocery building close to downtown Madisonville.
Hunt says the new building gives them room to grow. He says,
“It’s not as large as we’d like to have, perhaps, but it’s about 12,000 square feet, and the library that we’re working out of now, which is at the mall, is only about 7,000 square feet.”
Hunt says the new building has plenty of parking as well, which was a problem for them in the past. He says they expect to close on the purchase Monday and then start renovations. Hunt says the board wants to open the new building in mid-December before they have to move out of their current location. He says they haven’t decided what they will do with the old downtown library building.