Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu July 31, 2014
Honeywell/USW Talks Continue Amid Dispute Preparations
United Steelworkers Local 7-669 officials say they’re concerned by the arrival this morning of salaried and contract employees during contract talks at Honeywell’s Metropolis facility.
Both sides say discussions have been professional and productive, but USW spokesman John Paul Smith says the new workers, coupled with increased supervision, make it appear Honeywell wants to intimidate union members. But Honeywell’s Peter Dalpe says these actions are standard procedure given the uncertainty surrounding any negotiation.
The current agreement between Honeywell and the union expires tomorrow. Talks are set to resume today at 4 p.m.