Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- Murray City Council to Consider Anti-Begging Ordinance, Halfway to Downtown Park Fundraising $
- Kentuckians, Get Ready For Health Insurance Rate Hikes
- Could Rand Paul’s Struggling Presidential Bid Imperil His Senate Seat, Too?
Tue November 20, 2012
Holliday Elected President of National Panel
The head of Kentucky's public schools has been elected to lead a national panel of state school officers. The Kentucky Department of Education says Terry Holliday was named president of the Council of Chief State School Officers' Board of Directors, a nonpartisan group that advocates for public education issues nationwide.
Holliday has been Kentucky's education commissioner since 2009, has served on the council's board for two years and holds positions in several other national education policy groups.