Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Murray Holds Special Ties for Likely Next Host of 'A Prairie Home Companion'
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- KSP: Mennonite Man Killed in Todd County Home Invasion
- BOOM: 19 Places to See Fireworks this Independence Day Weekend
Thu February 21, 2013
History Research Forum: China's One Child Policy
Charlotte Beahan is Professor of History at Murray State and her research interests are East Asia, women’s history and world civilizations. This afternoon at 4 in Faculty Hall Room 506, Dr. Beahan is the presenter for the next in a series of Department of History Research Forums, all of which are open to the community. Beahan previews the event in a conversation with Kate Lochte on Sounds Good.
As a postscript, Dr. Beahan points out that the one-child policy has resulted in a generation of “little emperors” –only children who are not only exceedingly pampered but also heavily pressured to succeed. And..there is uncertainty about whether the new government in China will do anything to change the policy. Dr. Charlotte Beahan’s presentation on China’s One Child Policy starts at 4 this afternoon in Faculty Hall on campus and everyone’s welcome.