Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Tue May 21, 2013
Hickman Ferry Plans To Resume Today
Almost a month to the day after it closed, the Dorena-Hickman Ferry expects to resume service today. The ferry was closed April 22nd due to flooding. During the past year, the ferry has also struggled to operate with low Mississippi River levels. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says the water dropped enough yesterday that crew members were able to clear debris from landings on each side of the river.
theThe ferry will operate on the regular summer schedule starting at 7 this morning. The ferry connects Kentucky 1354 at Hickman with Missouri Route A and Route 77 near Dorena, Mo.