Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue May 21, 2013
Hickman Ferry Plans To Resume Today
Almost a month to the day after it closed, the Dorena-Hickman Ferry expects to resume service today. The ferry was closed April 22nd due to flooding. During the past year, the ferry has also struggled to operate with low Mississippi River levels. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says the water dropped enough yesterday that crew members were able to clear debris from landings on each side of the river.
theThe ferry will operate on the regular summer schedule starting at 7 this morning. The ferry connects Kentucky 1354 at Hickman with Missouri Route A and Route 77 near Dorena, Mo.