Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue May 21, 2013
Hickman Ferry Plans To Resume Today
Almost a month to the day after it closed, the Dorena-Hickman Ferry expects to resume service today. The ferry was closed April 22nd due to flooding. During the past year, the ferry has also struggled to operate with low Mississippi River levels. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says the water dropped enough yesterday that crew members were able to clear debris from landings on each side of the river.
theThe ferry will operate on the regular summer schedule starting at 7 this morning. The ferry connects Kentucky 1354 at Hickman with Missouri Route A and Route 77 near Dorena, Mo.