Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue May 21, 2013
Hickman Ferry Plans To Resume Today
Almost a month to the day after it closed, the Dorena-Hickman Ferry expects to resume service today. The ferry was closed April 22nd due to flooding. During the past year, the ferry has also struggled to operate with low Mississippi River levels. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says the water dropped enough yesterday that crew members were able to clear debris from landings on each side of the river.
theThe ferry will operate on the regular summer schedule starting at 7 this morning. The ferry connects Kentucky 1354 at Hickman with Missouri Route A and Route 77 near Dorena, Mo.