Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon July 2, 2012
Henry County Wheel Tax Drop
Henry County, Tennessee, has reduced its county wheel tax by more than half two years ahead of schedule. The yearly tax went down from $34 to $15.50 this month with the start of the fiscal year.
The county levied the tax 13 years ago to pay a $5 million bond over 15 years on its new jail. The county paid off the bond in May, two years ahead of schedule. Henry Countians pay a wheel tax on all registered vehicles.