Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
Mon July 2, 2012
Henry County Wheel Tax Drop
Henry County, Tennessee, has reduced its county wheel tax by more than half two years ahead of schedule. The yearly tax went down from $34 to $15.50 this month with the start of the fiscal year.
The county levied the tax 13 years ago to pay a $5 million bond over 15 years on its new jail. The county paid off the bond in May, two years ahead of schedule. Henry Countians pay a wheel tax on all registered vehicles.