Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed December 23, 2009
Henry County Mulls 911 Upgrade/Consolidation
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – Henry County, Tennessee is considering a new building for its 911 system. Board members moved to hire a Cookeville architectural and engineering firm Monday to prepare a feasibility study. The Paris Post-Intelligencer reports the building will not only house the 911 Dispatch Center, but also office space that could include room for other agencies, like Henry County's Emergency Management and Emergency Medical Services. 911 Director Mark Archer says the new building would be a step closer to a central dispatch center. The current 911 center dates back to the early 1960s.