Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed November 18, 2009
Henry County Accepts $34k Grant
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – Henry County, Tennessee commissioners voted Monday to accept almost $34,000 in federal grant money to buy new emergency equipment. The Paris-Henry County Rescue Squad and the county's emergency management department will benefit from the funds. Officials there plan to buy radio and rescue equipment, including a portable, inflatable 37-foot antenna tower. The Paris Post Intelligencer reports the homeland security grant is all federal money and requires no local match.