Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed November 18, 2009
Henry County Accepts $34k Grant
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – Henry County, Tennessee commissioners voted Monday to accept almost $34,000 in federal grant money to buy new emergency equipment. The Paris-Henry County Rescue Squad and the county's emergency management department will benefit from the funds. Officials there plan to buy radio and rescue equipment, including a portable, inflatable 37-foot antenna tower. The Paris Post Intelligencer reports the homeland security grant is all federal money and requires no local match.