Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Mon January 21, 2013
Henderson Jail Chosen For Drug Abuse Program
The Henderson County Jail is one of three chosen by the Commonwealth to house a new substance abuse program.
Henderson County Judge-Executive Hugh McCormick says the program will involve 50 female inmates being lodged at the jail at one time for six months while undergoing treatment. He says state payments to house and treat the inmates will help stabilize the jail's finances. The program is expected to begin in March.