Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon January 21, 2013
Henderson Jail Chosen For Drug Abuse Program
The Henderson County Jail is one of three chosen by the Commonwealth to house a new substance abuse program.
Henderson County Judge-Executive Hugh McCormick says the program will involve 50 female inmates being lodged at the jail at one time for six months while undergoing treatment. He says state payments to house and treat the inmates will help stabilize the jail's finances. The program is expected to begin in March.