Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
Mon January 21, 2013
Henderson Jail Chosen For Drug Abuse Program
The Henderson County Jail is one of three chosen by the Commonwealth to house a new substance abuse program.
Henderson County Judge-Executive Hugh McCormick says the program will involve 50 female inmates being lodged at the jail at one time for six months while undergoing treatment. He says state payments to house and treat the inmates will help stabilize the jail's finances. The program is expected to begin in March.