Most Active Stories
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30th
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
Thu May 30, 2013
Henderson-Based Company Adding 160 Jobs
A Henderson company is expanding its operations there with a $22.8 million investment and 160 new jobs. Gov. Steve Beshear's office says Gibbs Die Casting was established in 1965 and is owned by Koch Enterprises. It operates eight factories for aluminum and magnesium casting, machining, assembly and die building with facilities in Hungary, Brazil and China.
More than 560 people work at the Henderson facility. Beshear's office said the expansion project announced yesterday includes new manufacturing lines for eight-speed transmission parts and rear axles for the automotive industry. State approval has been given for tax incentives up to $3 million.