Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu May 30, 2013
Henderson-Based Company Adding 160 Jobs
A Henderson company is expanding its operations there with a $22.8 million investment and 160 new jobs. Gov. Steve Beshear's office says Gibbs Die Casting was established in 1965 and is owned by Koch Enterprises. It operates eight factories for aluminum and magnesium casting, machining, assembly and die building with facilities in Hungary, Brazil and China.
More than 560 people work at the Henderson facility. Beshear's office said the expansion project announced yesterday includes new manufacturing lines for eight-speed transmission parts and rear axles for the automotive industry. State approval has been given for tax incentives up to $3 million.