Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Thu May 30, 2013
Henderson-Based Company Adding 160 Jobs
A Henderson company is expanding its operations there with a $22.8 million investment and 160 new jobs. Gov. Steve Beshear's office says Gibbs Die Casting was established in 1965 and is owned by Koch Enterprises. It operates eight factories for aluminum and magnesium casting, machining, assembly and die building with facilities in Hungary, Brazil and China.
More than 560 people work at the Henderson facility. Beshear's office said the expansion project announced yesterday includes new manufacturing lines for eight-speed transmission parts and rear axles for the automotive industry. State approval has been given for tax incentives up to $3 million.