Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri February 15, 2013
Hearing Reset for Man Accused of Killing Hickman Mayor
A pre-trial hearing for a western Kentucky man charged in the fatal shooting of the Hickman mayor has been reset. The hearing was held Thursday in Fulton County Circuit Court where a prosecutor and the defense attorney for 30-year-old Tommy Lattus agreed to another pre-trial hearing March 4.
Lattus is scheduled to go to trial April 22 for the shooting death of Hickman Mayor Charles Murphy. Police say Lattus drove to the Hickman Police Department and admitted to killing the mayor inside his home last January. Lattus is being held on a $1 million bond. He was declared competent to stand trial.