Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Fri February 15, 2013
Hearing Reset for Man Accused of Killing Hickman Mayor
A pre-trial hearing for a western Kentucky man charged in the fatal shooting of the Hickman mayor has been reset. The hearing was held Thursday in Fulton County Circuit Court where a prosecutor and the defense attorney for 30-year-old Tommy Lattus agreed to another pre-trial hearing March 4.
Lattus is scheduled to go to trial April 22 for the shooting death of Hickman Mayor Charles Murphy. Police say Lattus drove to the Hickman Police Department and admitted to killing the mayor inside his home last January. Lattus is being held on a $1 million bond. He was declared competent to stand trial.