Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Thu October 9, 2008
Healthcare Costs Rise for Marshall County
By Carrie Pond
Benton, KY – Though employees won't feel the burn this year, Marshall County officials may revise their healthcare policy after medical inflation rates have sent insurance costs up twenty percent. The benefit increase could be more than 175 thousand dollars. County Judge Executive Mike Miller says officials will absorb the cost this year, but may have to offer less coverage next year. Currently, the county offers 100 percent coverage to employees and 75 percent to their families. If the rates stay high, officials may have to lower that figure slightly. The county is also starting an open enrollment initiative. All employees must register in order to receive health care coverage.