Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Mon December 3, 2012
HCC Ranked Among Fastest Growing Community Colleges
Hopkinsville Community College made the list of fastest growing community colleges. The magazine Community College Week reports HCC grew 15.4 percent between 2010 and 2011, making it the 5th fastest growing school in its size category.
HCC president Jim Selbe expects this year’s growth to be smaller due to students dropping out to find jobs, and a reduction in federal grant funding. Bowling Green Technical College and Somerset Community College also ranked.