Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon December 3, 2012
HCC Ranked Among Fastest Growing Community Colleges
Hopkinsville Community College made the list of fastest growing community colleges. The magazine Community College Week reports HCC grew 15.4 percent between 2010 and 2011, making it the 5th fastest growing school in its size category.
HCC president Jim Selbe expects this year’s growth to be smaller due to students dropping out to find jobs, and a reduction in federal grant funding. Bowling Green Technical College and Somerset Community College also ranked.