Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon December 3, 2012
HCC Ranked Among Fastest Growing Community Colleges
Hopkinsville Community College made the list of fastest growing community colleges. The magazine Community College Week reports HCC grew 15.4 percent between 2010 and 2011, making it the 5th fastest growing school in its size category.
HCC president Jim Selbe expects this year’s growth to be smaller due to students dropping out to find jobs, and a reduction in federal grant funding. Bowling Green Technical College and Somerset Community College also ranked.