Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Mon December 3, 2012
HCC Ranked Among Fastest Growing Community Colleges
Hopkinsville Community College made the list of fastest growing community colleges. The magazine Community College Week reports HCC grew 15.4 percent between 2010 and 2011, making it the 5th fastest growing school in its size category.
HCC president Jim Selbe expects this year’s growth to be smaller due to students dropping out to find jobs, and a reduction in federal grant funding. Bowling Green Technical College and Somerset Community College also ranked.