Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed June 12, 2013
Hazel House Fire Claims Life
One person is dead after a house fire early this morning in Hazel.
Kentucky State Police Public Affairs Officer Jay Thomas said Calloway County Dispatch received a 911 call at 4:42 a.m. The Hazel Fire Department and Calloway County Fire Rescue responded to the scene at 820 Third St. shortly afterward.
Thomas said the KSP believes the fire was accidental in nature. No foul play is suspected.
An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday in Madisonville to determine the cause of death and for positive identification of the victim.