Most Active Stories
- Freezing Rain and Sleet This Evening
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Mon July 1, 2013
Haslam Names Chief Of New TN Workers' Comp Division
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam has named Abbie Hudgens to head the state’s new Workers' Compensation Division. Hudgens, who had already been focusing on injured workers issues within the state Department of Labor and Workforce Development, begins her six-year term today.
The Workers' Compensation Division was created as a part of a new law introduced by Haslam this year to remove injured workers claims from state trial courts and instead create a special panel appointed by the governor to hear claims and appeals. Before being hired by the state, Hudgens was the risk and insurance manager for the cities of Nashville and Knoxville, and a consultant in private practice. She is also a past president of the national Public Risk Management Association.