Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon July 1, 2013
Haslam Names Chief Of New TN Workers' Comp Division
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam has named Abbie Hudgens to head the state’s new Workers' Compensation Division. Hudgens, who had already been focusing on injured workers issues within the state Department of Labor and Workforce Development, begins her six-year term today.
The Workers' Compensation Division was created as a part of a new law introduced by Haslam this year to remove injured workers claims from state trial courts and instead create a special panel appointed by the governor to hear claims and appeals. Before being hired by the state, Hudgens was the risk and insurance manager for the cities of Nashville and Knoxville, and a consultant in private practice. She is also a past president of the national Public Risk Management Association.